|Title||Nail from Philosophical Hall|
Attached tag states "Original nail from "Philosophical Hall Removed at time of restoration in 194?"
|Label||This nail was used in the original construction of Philosophical Hall, which opened on November 20, 1789. To increase storage space, a third-floor was added on to Philosophical Hall in 1890. Not only did this addition clash with surrounding buildings, but it also proved insufficient for the growing library collection. With the completion of Library Hall, Philosophical Hall was restored to its original condition in 1948. It is likely that this nail was discovered and collected during the restoration project.|
|Dimensions||L-4.25 D-0.5 inches|
|Credit line||American Philosophical Society|